When selecting a dentist, you might consider experience, insurance, or even online reviews, but every dentist uses the same techniques, right? Not true. Advancements in technology have created a new standard in dental care that will affect your comfort, convenience, and long-term results. Dentists like Dr. James Lesinski, offer a wider range of modern dentistry services to improve and maintain your oral health.
How Advanced Technology Changes Your Dental Experience
1. Diagnostics are greatly improved. DIAGNOdent, for example, can discover caries (cavities) at the earliest stages, allowing your dentist in Amherst, NY, to save more of your tooth. Oral DNA® testing can detect the types of bacteria in your mouth to predict your risk of gum disease and decay.
2. You can get a custom-made dental crown in one visit. Some dentists have invested in the training and equipment necessary to design, create, and place a crown in a single appointment. No more goopy impressions or temporary crowns. This is performed with CAD/CAM E4D software and milling machines.
3. Enjoy a more convenient exam. Traditional x-rays have been upstaged by digital x-rays, where the digital images are uploaded directly to a computer. This saves you time, reduces your exposure to radiation, and allows you and your doctor to immediately visualize exactly what condition your teeth and gums are in.
4. Straighten your teeth while maintaining your appearance. While you may not think of ClearCorrect or Invisalign® braces as technology, but they are definitely advancements in modern dentistry. You no longer need metal braces to bring your teeth into alignment. You can use an invisible, removable option.
5. Ease anxiety with sedation dentistry. Not every dentist offers sedation but for patients with severe dental fear, it is a necessity. Nitrous oxide or oral sedation can be utilized to alleviate dental anxiety, allowing you relax and get the care you need.
If you are not enjoying the benefits of comfort and convenience that advanced dentistry affords you, it may be time to look for a new dentist in Amherst, NY. Call our office for a consultation with Dr. Lesinski and discover a modern approach to improving your smile.
Currently rated by 0 people