If you happen to be anxious about visiting the dentist, you are not alone. Around 15 percent of people in the United States suffer from some form of dental anxiety that makes it difficult to make and keep appointments. The good news is that Dr. James Lesinski and the rest of the caring staff at Complete Health Dentistry of WNY have options available to make your visit more relaxing: sedation dentistry.
Options To Make Your Visit More Relaxing
There are a few different options available to induce a relaxed state if you experience such symptom as a racing heartbeat and sweating palms when sitting in a dental chair. Depending on the treatment you are receiving on a given day, you may need a more potent sedation option. Dr. Lesinski offers the following:
- Nitrous Oxide: This sedation option is a gas that is breathed in through a face mask. It promotes a relaxed state by making you feel like you are floating. This option helps patients to calm down for treatment. It does not numb the body.
- Oral: An oral sedative is a pill that you can take about an hour before you receive treatment. This tends to be more potent than nitrous oxide, and you may not even remember the procedure or treatment when the sedative wears off.
The Benefits to Sedation
There are many reasons to consider sedation dentistry:
- Great for those with a sensitive gag reflex or fear of needles
- Puts patients under for a complex procedure
- Calms those with severe anxiety
- Good solution for patients with sensitive teeth
Most of all, sedation makes it possible for you to relax enough for the dentist to work on your teeth and keep your mouth healthy, which is very important!
Schedule a Consultation To Learn More
Dr. Lesinski and staff can help customize a sedation solution ideal for your situation. To learn more and to schedule an appointment, contact our office today.
Currently rated by 0 people